Our biggest day of the year is happening again soon. If you were with us last year, you know what we are talking about: The Annual LensProToGo Used Gear Sale! This year it is scheduled for Wednesday, November 13 2013 starting at 12:00PM ET
So, why is this such a big deal? We take days and look through all of our gear and pull HUNDREDS of pieces to sell. This gear has been with us for only about 12 to 18 months, sometimes even shorter (seriously, there are some steals that will be listed). We do this sale every single year to sell the used gear and restock with new gear so the gear you rent never looks old or acts like it’s been used a hundred times.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All of the gear will be listed on the site on November 13, 2013 starting at 12:00 PM ET.
- Cameras and lenses come with a 2 year warranty.
- Most items will come in the original box.
- Cameras will come with a charger, battery and neck strap.
- Lenses DO NOT come with hoods but we highly suggest Amazon.com for replacement hoods. They have pages upon pages of them!
- Ground Shipping is included in the price of your purchase and a signature is required upon delivery.
- Sale is only valid in the US. We will not ship outside of the US.
- Accepted forms of payment include American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and LensProToGo Gift Cards that were paid for.
- We do not accept LensProToGo Gift Cards that were won/provided at a show, PayPal, personal checks, money orders, Monopoly money or Chuck E. Cheese tokens but virtual high five to you if you actually have that many Chuck E. Cheese tokens. You’re A-OKAY in our books.
- Most gear has been with us 12-18 months though that doesn’t mean it was used continuously for 12-18 months. We rotate our gear to give it some good R&R before heading back to the job site.
- The gear sale happens on the LensProToGo website under the FOR SALE category. CLICK THIS LINK to go there. (please know that nothing will be posted until Wednesday, November 13th at 12PM ET.)
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE SALE
- If you have rented with us before but HAVE NOT logged into our new site, you’ll want to reset your password here. Please do this before the sale starts as you’ll just get frustrated trying to complete the order quickly!
- If you have logged into our new site recently, log back in and triple check/add your credit card, shipping address and billing address.
- If you are new to LensProToGo…Welcome to our family! Sign up for an account now!
These are the most common questions we get about the sale:
Where can I find a list of the gear for sale? All gear will be posted on LensProToGo.com under the For Sale section at 12:00 PM EST. We will not provide any list before this date and time. We don’t provide a list because we are adding gear to the list and taking things off up until the very last minute before we push it live. No matter how many of you ask, we will not crack
What type of gear are you selling? We sell everything from DSLR and mirrorless cameras to lenses, audio gear, flashes, monitors, stabilization gear and more.
Can I pay with PayPal? Unfortunately, no. Our system isn’t set up to accept money from PayPal. If you are thinking about purchasing a piece of gear, now is the time transfer your money from Paypal to another account! You have just about a week!
Can I order over the phone? No. Please place all orders online. As always, we can help place any rental orders over the phone!
What condition is the gear in? The gear we are selling is used. With that said, we take very good care of it and it’s only in circulation for 12-18 months, sometimes less. If you have rented from us, you know the condition of the gear. The gear that you rented from us is the condition of what we are selling. We can’t sell gear that is in horrible condition (we’d make no money and have very unhappy people!). If there is a large noticeable scratch on any item it will be listed and marked down in price but many of these issues are fixed by Canon or Nikon before the gear sale.
Can I reserve a camera or a lens? The gear sale is first come first serve. Last year we had thousands of people waiting at their computers for the clock to strike noon. This is no Apple product release, but if you are sure you want something, you’ll want to be ready!
Does the Pelican case I got my rental in come with the purchase? Nope! However, we do include the original box with most of the items (we do our best to match up serials but if we can’t we promise to get you the same product box!) though! That’s cool, right? I know, maybe not as cool as a Pelican case but their durability keeps them here with us long term!
I’m renting an item right now, can my rental goes towards purchasing it? No. Rentals and purchases are separate.
I have a LensProToGo Gift Card and a discount code, can I use them? No, sorry! Gift Cards and Discount Codes are for rentals only.
How much does the used gear cost? We do our very best to be extremely competitive with pricing. There are multiple used gear sources that we check, however our gear is only 12-18 months old, comes with a 2 year warranty and the original box which is very hard to find anywhere else.
What is the return policy? We will accept returned gear within 7 days of delivery.
Why won’t you accept a LensProToGo Gift Card that I won? In most all cases, if you won a gift card, there was no monetary purchase involved. We support many of our partners and workshops by providing gift cards to giveaway. If you physically purchased a gift card from us or were given one that was purchased, that will work towards payment. Our system will not allow for gift cards that were not purchase to be accepted.
Please let us know if you have any other questions in the comments section!